The 5 Fast & Easy Food Bundles to Boost Your Brain Power and Concentration
“Our brain health starts at the end of our forks,” says Dr. Drew Ramsey, MD.
Dr. Ramsey is a leading authority on brain health, a psychiatrist, and several cookbooks on eating and cooking for improved brain function.
But…if you think you are eating just fine and dandy, you may be perplexed on how this relates to your own life…
Raise your hand if you believe this statement to be true…
‘The Ability to Concentrate Better Sounds like a Good Thing’
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that only 9.3% of people eat enough plant foods and vegetables…
This tells you a WHOPPING 90.7% of Americans do not eat enough plant-based foods and vegetables to take advantage of the enormous potential to boost your brainpower naturally.
For example, here are 5 food bundles with the zing to jump-start your brain power and concentration…
These bundles are:
1. Fatty fish — Salmon, Tuna, Mackerel, and Sardines are loaded with nourishing Omega-3 fatty acids. These fatty acids can boost memory and lower the risk of dementia & stroke by keeping the brain from atrophying, contributing to Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.
2. Berries — Blackberries, Raspberries, Strawberries, and especially Blueberries have the power to improve learning and muscle function. The flavonoids in berries have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can improve brain function and cognitive performance. There are progressively more studies saying berries may reduce the effects of neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s. A study in the Annals of Neurology that ran for 30 years starting in 1976 showed “a slower rate of decline in women aged 70 & older.”
3. Nuts & Seeds — Sunflower seeds, Almonds, Hazelnuts, Pine nuts, Peanuts, Pistachios, Cashews, and Pumpkin seeds are great examples of foods with the fat-soluble antioxidant Vitamin E. Vitamin E protects your brain from oxidative stress. Oxidative stress in brain cells is caused when unstable molecules called free radicals damage or ‘oxidize’ brain cells, causing them to deteriorate. The brain is especially susceptible because brain cells need A LOT of oxygen!
4. Avocados — Along with Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Dark Chocolate, and Olives, Avocados contain monounsaturated fat. This type of fat helps with healthy blood flow and reduces the bad cholesterol, LDL, from clogging your arteries.
5. Shellfish — Oysters, Shrimp, Crab, Lobster, and Mussels all have the zinc and magnesium our brains need to encourage new brain cells' growth, and our brains function properly. Unfortunately, most of us are sorely lacking in these minerals, and these types of shellfish are a delicious way to get them!
These 5 food bundles can help you improve the nutrient deficiencies that cause ‘Brain Drain’ and below-par health for you and millions of people in this country.
Since your brain is the organ in your body that burns the most of your daily calories (about 20%!), as well as the organ that uses the most oxygen, using natural foods to boost your brainpower is a real ‘No Brainer’!